What are GCMS Notes? What is GCMS Canada?
GCMS is an acronym for the Global Case Management System. It is a universal and centralized system used internally by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process and track all citizenship and immigration services applications. Examples of such applications are:
- Temporary visas (visitor, study, or work visas),
- Permanent immigration application (e.g. Express Entry), and
- Citizenship applications.
Each application documented in the IRCC GCMS Notes tracking system will contain information such as:
- The correspondence to and from IRCC,
- The detailed notes of the IRCC immigration officers who reviewed the application, and
- All the applicant’s supporting documents.
The best way to have a detailed view of your immigration file’s status is to get your GCMS Notes.
Additionally, in the case of a visa refusal, your GCMS Notes will help you pinpoint the reason for the rejection.
Why Should I Request for GCMS Notes?
Depending on your situation, the primary reasons why you should get your GCMS Notes are:
• You have a better perspective of the status of your IRCC application. This is beneficial as the knowledge can help you proactively prepare for a document request from IRCC or help you prepare for any impending interview.
• In the case of a visa refusal, you will find a comprehensive reason for the denial. Therefore if you decide to re-apply, the information you have gotten from the GCMS Notes will ensure that you prepare a better application, thereby increasing the chances of your getting approval.
Get -> GCMS Notes Canada Visa
• With a GCMS Electronic Notes, you can cross-check if you or your representative (e.g. immigration consultant, lawyer, etc.) have not made any errors in your application.
• With a GCMS Notes Document Request, you can double-check if you or your representative have submitted/uploaded accurate application documents.
When Should I Order GCMS Notes? When to Order GCMS Notes?
The best time to order GCMS Notes depends on the type of application. Keep in mind that there is no limit on the number of times you can get GCMS Notes. However, the following information can help you decide on the best time to order your GCMS Notes.
• If your application is taking longer than usual based on IRCC’s average processing time, you should get your GCMS Notes to understand what may be causing the delay.
• After your temporary residence or permanent residence application has been processed, and a decision has been reached by IRCC, whether positive or negative, you should get your GCMS Notes.
If the decision was unfavourable (i.e. a refusal), the GCMS Notes will give you a better perspective on the rational the IRCC immigration officer used as a basis in deciding on a denial.
• For Permanent Residence (PR) applications, it is best to request your GCMS Notes immediately your application crosses the R10 completeness checks stage.
R10 denotes Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This is a rigorous review stage of your application’s processing, whereby the IRCC immigration officer checks that all your documentation and information is complete. Typically, this phase is done within one month of applying to IRCC.
The perfect time to order GCMS Notes for PR applications would be in the second or third month after submitting your application.