To be eligible to order GCMS Notes from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), you must be either a Canadian Citizen, a Canadian Permanent Resident, or an individual or corporation present in Canada.
If you do not meet the preceding requirement to submit a GCMS application to IRCC, you can still get your GCMS Notes. However, you will have to go through a representative, such as CanadaWiz, that meets the eligibility requirement.
CanadaWiz or any other GCMS representative you chose will apply for an Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) Act request on your behalf.
- How to Get GCMS Notes from IRCC
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) and Answers – How to Apply for GCMS Notes from Canada, IRCC
- What are GCMS Notes? What is GCMS Canada?
- Why Should I Request for GCMS Notes?
- When Should I Order GCMS Notes? When to Order GCMS Notes?
- How Does GCMS Work? What can I find in my GCMS Notes?
- When will I receive the GCMS Notes? How long does it take to receive the GCMS Notes?
- Is there a Way to Expedite the GCMS Notes Delivery?
- How to Get GCMS Notes from India? How Can I Buy GCMS Notes from India? How to Apply, GCMS Notes from India?
- What do I Need for GCMS Application?
- How do I fill GCMS Consent Form?
- How can I Speak to an IRCC (formerly CIC) Agent regarding my Application?
- Can I Order my GCMS Notes for an Application I did Several Years Ago?
- Will Ordering my GCMS Notes Delay my IRCC Application?
- How Does a Sample GCMS Notes look like?
- How to Understand GCMS Notes? How to Interpret GCMS Notes?
- WHAT NEXT?
How to Get GCMS Notes from IRCC
Apply for your GCMS Notes from IRCC in three (3) easy steps:
STEP 1 – Select your GCMS Notes option.
STEP 2 – Complete and send your consent form.
STEP 3 – Receive your GCMS Notes.
We will apply for your GCMS Notes within 24 hours of receipt of your consent form, even on weekends. And you will be provided with your GCMS Notes request tracking number from IRCC.
We will also email your GCMS Notes to you the same day we receive it from IRCC. Usually, within 30 to 40 calendar days from the date of request, as per IRCC’s timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) and Answers – How to Apply for GCMS Notes from Canada, IRCC
What are GCMS Notes? What is GCMS Canada?
GCMS is an acronym for the Global Case Management System. It is a universal and centralized system used internally by Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process and track all citizenship and immigration services applications. Examples of such applications are:
- Temporary visas (visitor visa, study permit/visa, or work visas),
- Permanent immigration application (e.g. Express Entry), and
- Citizenship applications.
Each application documented in the IRCC GCMS Notes tracking system will contain information such as:
- The correspondence to and from IRCC,
- The detailed notes of the IRCC immigration officers who reviewed the application, and
- All the applicant’s supporting documents.
The best way to have a detailed view of your immigration file’s status is to get your GCMS Notes.
Additionally, in the case of a visa refusal, your GCMS Notes will help you pinpoint the reason for the rejection.
Why Should I Request for GCMS Notes?
Depending on your situation, the primary reasons why you should get your GCMS Notes are:
• You have a better perspective of the status of your IRCC application. This is beneficial as the knowledge can help you proactively prepare for a document request from IRCC or help you prepare for any impending interview.
• In the case of a visa refusal, you will find a comprehensive reason for the denial. Therefore if you decide to re-apply, the information you have gotten from the GCMS Notes will ensure that you prepare a better application, thereby increasing the chances of your getting approval.
Get -> GCMS Notes Canada Visa
• With a GCMS Electronic Notes, you can cross-check if you or your representative (e.g. immigration consultant, lawyer, etc.) have not made any errors in your application.
• With a GCMS Notes Document Request, you can double-check if you or your representative have submitted/uploaded accurate application documents.
When Should I Order GCMS Notes? When to Order GCMS Notes?
The best time to order GCMS Notes depends on the type of application. Keep in mind that there is no limit on the number of times you can get GCMS Notes. However, the following information can help you decide on the best time to order your GCMS Notes.
• If your application is taking longer than usual based on IRCC’s average processing time, you should get your GCMS Notes to understand what may be causing the delay.
• After your temporary residence or permanent residence application has been processed, and a decision has been reached by IRCC, whether positive or negative, you should get your GCMS Notes.
If the decision was unfavourable (i.e. a visa refusal), the GCMS Notes will give you a better perspective on the rational the IRCC immigration officer used as a basis in deciding on a denial.
• For Permanent Residence (PR) applications, it is best to request your GCMS Notes immediately your application crosses the R10 completeness checks stage.
R10 denotes Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. This is a rigorous review stage of your application’s processing, whereby the IRCC immigration officer checks that all your documentation and information is complete. Typically, this phase is done within one month of applying to IRCC.
The perfect time to order GCMS Notes for PR applications would be in the second or third month after submitting your application.
How Does GCMS Work? What can I find in my GCMS Notes?
The GCMS Notes will contain all the pertinent information used to process your immigration application.
You will find in your GCMS Notes elements such as your personal details, the specifics of the up-to-date status of your application, the notes/comments from the immigration officer reviewing your file, amongst others.
When will I receive the GCMS Notes? How long does it take to receive the GCMS Notes?
According to the ATIP Act, IRCC has 30 days to fulfill a GCMS Notes request. In some situations, extensions may be taken for limited and specific reasons, listed in Section 9 of the Access to Information Act and Section 15 of the Privacy Act.
You will be notified if we receive an extension notification from IRCC on your GCMS Notes request. We will also proactively initiate a complaint on your behalf in case of a GCMS Notes delay.
Is there a Way to Expedite the GCMS Notes Delivery?
Unfortunately, there is currently no way to expedite the processing of GCMS Notes. Even if you decide to retain an immigration consultant or lawyer’s services, there is nothing they can do to reduce the processing times for your GCMS Notes request.
The only exception is where you have started litigation. In this case, IRCC will release your GCMS Notes within five days.
How to Get GCMS Notes from India? How Can I Buy GCMS Notes from India? How to Apply, GCMS Notes from India?
Here is how to get GCMS Notes from India through CanadaWiz.ca
- Your first step to order GCMS Notes from India is to choose your preferred service.
- Secondly, you make payment using one of our secure payment options – debit/credit/ATM card (Visa, MasterCard, Apple Pay, etc.) or PayPal.
- Complete the consent form and email a scanned copy to us.
- Receive your GCMS Notes within 30 to 40 days, depending on the option you chose.
Find detailed information and Apply here for Canada GCMS Notes from India.
Please note that the above procedure to apply for Canada GCMS Notes from India is the same for those who want to apply for Canada GCMS Notes from any country in the world, including Canada, the United States of America (USA), Nigeria, United Kingdom (UK), Pakistan, etc.
What do I Need for GCMS Application?
Your Application Number, also known as File Number (Compulsory):
To apply for your GCMS Notes, you must provide your Application Number. It comprises one letter alphabet followed by several numbers. e.g. V123456789
Your application number is generated once you apply to IRCC. It should be noted that for each immigration application you have, they will each have their application number. Application numbers are characterized as follows:
Temporary visas and permits:
- Visitor visa applications: Begins with the alphabet V (e.g. V123456789).
- Study permit applications.: Begins with the alphabet S (e.g. S123456789).
- Work permit applications: Begins with the alphabet W (e.g. W123456789).
Permanent residence applications:
- Federal Skilled Worker program e.g. Express Entry: Begins with the alphabet E (e.g. E123456789).
- Federal Skilled Worker program (older applications): Begins with the alphabet B (e.g. B123456789).
- Family class (sponsorship): Begins with the alphabet F (e.g. F123456789).
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP): Begins with the alphabet EP (e.g. EP123456789).
In some situations, file numbers change as the application is sent from one visa office to the other. Therefore, you should use the most recent one.
Your UCI / Client ID (Optional):
Your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number, also referred to as Client Identification Number (Client ID), is optional. But it is a good idea to provide it as it increases the reliability of the GCMS Notes request.
The UCI number is assigned to an applicant only after the handling of their application has begun. The number comprises of either eight or ten digits. e.g. 1234-5678 or 12-3456-7891
What is the difference between the Application Number and the UCI/Client ID?
The distinction between the two numbers is:
- The UCI/Client ID number is client-specific, whereas the Application Number is application-specific.
- Each applicant can only have one UCI number in their lifetime, regardless of whether the individual submits more than one application. One the other hand, an individual can have multiple application numbers.
How do I find my UCI for my Express Entry Immigration Application?
For Express Entry immigration applications, you get your application number once you enter into the applicants’ pool. This number is easily located on your IRCC online profile or correspondences received from IRCC.
On the other hand, if this is your first time submitting an immigration application to IRCC, your UCI number will show in your IRCC online profile, approximately one month after your Express Entry application processing begins.
How do I fill GCMS Consent Form?
Step-by-step instructions on how to fill the GCMS Notes request consent form is available here.
How can I Speak to an IRCC (formerly CIC) Agent regarding my Application?
If you reside outside Canada, you are unable to call and speak with an IRCC agent. Only those who are physically present in Canada are entitled to call and speak with an IRCC agent by phone.
From within Canada only, call the IRCC Call Centre at +1 888 242 2100 and select option 3-4-1-0 to speak to an agent. IRCC’s agents are available Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm local time, excluding statutory holidays.
Keep in mind that phone calls and emails are usually not the best options for you to get vital information on your file. This is the case as the IRCC call centre agents do not interpret the GCMS Notes for you and they also only provide limited information. Similarly, if you send an email to IRCC using the web form, you will typically get a generic response back, which is not particularly helpful.
The best way to get accurate and detailed information on your application to IRCC is to get your GCMS Notes.
Can I Order my GCMS Notes for an Application I did Several Years Ago?
Yes, you can order your GCMS Notes for any application you submitted to IRCC, even if it was a really long time ago.
If you have applied to IRCC (formerly CIC) for immigration (whether temporary or permanent) or citizenship, you have the right to request your GCMS Notes.
Will Ordering my GCMS Notes Delay my IRCC Application?
The answer is, “No.” The GCMS Notes request does not in any way affect your file/case; neither does it delay your application.
Ordering GCMS Notes is your right under the AIPT. In fact. IRCC does not process GCMS Notes requests.
On the contrary, requesting your GCMS Notes may be beneficial and could help move your file forward. This is the case as an immigration officer has to review your file before releasing your GCMS Notes. Thus, the IRCC officer may use this opportunity to update documents received from other agencies.
How Does a Sample GCMS Notes look like?
GCMS Notes usually comprises between 30 to 200 pages, which is a lot when compared to an application decision letter that is typically 1 to 3 pages.
The number of GCMS Notes pages depends on several factors, such as the number of applicants included in the application (e.g. in the case of a family application), the duration of the application processing, the complexity of the application, amongst others.
SEE: Sample GCMS Notes
How to Understand GCMS Notes? How to Interpret GCMS Notes?
When you take a first look at your GCMS Notes, it may seem confusing and may appear difficult to understand. However, because the GCMS Notes contain your information, you may find that it is not as complicated as it may seem if you spend enough time reviewing the content.
DO-IT-YOURSELF: Check out our GCMS Notes Comprehensive Guide and learn how to interpret GCMS Notes, including how to read and understand it.
DONE-FOR-YOU: Want an Immigration Specialist to Help with the Interpretation and Analysis of your GCMS Notes? We are happy to provide you with personalized one-on-one support through our “Interpret GCMS Notes” services; including recommended solutions on any identified issues.
Learn More about our “Interpret GCMS Notes” service here.
PIN FOR LATER!
So much handy information! You should Pin this article for later.
- Have Questions about How to Order GCMS Notes from IRCC? Ask us by commenting below.
- Did you find this content helpful? We’d love to get your feedback! Comment below.