Do you want to pursue an MBA in Canada and you have a low GMAT score, or you have no GMAT score at all?
Don’t worry; there is a good chance for you to apply to an MBA in Canada without GMAT.
You may have heard that to apply for an MBA program in Canada, a GMAT score is required. This is because most business schools in Canada use the GMAT score as a yardstick for possible admission.
In Canada, a handful of programs will accept your application for an MBA without GMAT, as long as you meet specific criteria or requirements.
In this article you will discover the following:
- ✔ The Top 5 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT.
- ✔ The Top 5 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students – English Universities.
- ✔ The Top Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students – French Universities.
- ✔ FAQs and Answers about MBA in Canada.
- Top 5 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT
- 1. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Smith School of Business at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
- 2. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Ontario
- Option 1: The Schulich (Regular) MBA at York University
- Option 2: Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA
- 3. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
- Option 1: MBA Direct for Ivey HBA Graduates
- Option 2: Ivey’s Executive MBA
- 4. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Wilfrid Laurier University, Toronto Campus, Ontario
- 5. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Ontario
- Want to Get into one of the Best MBA Schools in Canada?
- Additional Top Business Schools in Canada that may not require GMAT or GRE
- Top 5 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students: English Universities
- 1. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → Vancouver Island University (VIU), Nanaimo, British Columbia (BC)
- 2. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → Thompson Rivers University (TRU), Kamloops, British Columbia
- 3. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → University Canada West (UCW), Vancouver, British Columbia (BC)
- Want to Get into one of the Best MBA Schools in Canada?
- 4. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC), BC
- 5. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver Campus, British Columbia
- Want to Get into one of the Best MBA Schools in Canada?
- Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students: French Universities
- FAQs: MBA without GMAT in Canada
Top 5 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT
1. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Smith School of Business at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
If you apply to the Accelerated MBA for Business Graduates program at Queen’s University, Smith School of Business, you do not require the GMAT.
This program is available in eight cities in Canada: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Mississauga, Markham, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton, which provides a broader perspective when compared to programs that draw their participants from a single city.
While working, students will complete their Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree within twelve months.
Admission to this program is very competitive. The Queen’s University Smith School of Business is ranked as the third best business school in Canada, by The Economist.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
- An undergraduate degree in business or any business-related field, with a minimum of B average.
- Completion of the following 10 prerequisite courses with a grade of “B” or better:
- Management Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour
In place of your GMAT score, this program requires your resume, cover letter, official transcripts, two references, and a personal interview with the director of the program, to determine your eligibility as a candidate.
Applicants are evaluated on their leadership/management skills, academic background, and work experience.
In a case where any of the above are not strong enough, then a completed GMAT score may be required by the school to boost your application.
2. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Ontario
At York University, the Schulich School of Business offers two Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Canada without GMAT:
- Regular MBA.
- Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA.
Option 1: The Schulich (Regular) MBA at York University
The Schulich MBA is ranked #1 in Canada by Forbes and CNN Expansion, and it is known for its extensive selection of specialization and flexible study options. No wonder it is ranked as the second biggest program in Canada by The Economist.
The flexible study options at the Schulich MBA program permits students to study full-time or part-time, during the daytime or evenings.
The MBA Study Options available are:
- Accelerated Full-time (8 to 12 months).
- Full-time (16 to 20 months).
- Accelerated Part-time (16 to 20 months).
- Part-time (36 to 40 months).
The 18 Areas of MBA Specialization are:
- Business Consulting.
- Entrepreneurial Studies.
- Arts, Media, and Entertainment Management.
- Financial Services.
- International Business.
- Global Retail Management.
- Business and Sustainability.
- Strategic Management.
- Real Estate and Infrastructure.
- Operations Management and Information Systems.
- Financial Risk Management.
- Social Sector Management.
- Organization Studies.
- Global Mining Management.
- Health Industry Management.
Candidates interested in applying to Schulich full-time MBA must meet the following minimum admission requirements:
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a minimum of B average in the last two years of studies.
Applicants with a three-year undergraduate degree may be considered for admission with a minimum of three years of work experience.
- A minimum of two years of relevant full-time work or life experience. Work experience gotten prior to completion of an undergraduate degree does not count towards meeting this requirement.
- Candidates must complete an application that requires a resume, five essays (2 videos, 2 written, 1 timed written), two references, and previous educational transcripts.
- If previous studies were not completed in English, proof of English language proficiency is required. The accepted English tests are IELTS Academic and TOEFL iBT.
English Proficiency Requirement
Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the “MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program” administered by the York University English Language Institute.
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
GMAT/GRE Waiver Requirement
Acceptable scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required. However, the GMAT/GRE requirements for the MBA program at York University may be waived, if you meet specific York University’s Schulich School of Business criteria.
For an applicant to York’s University MBA program to get a GMAT/GRE waiver, the following must be applicable:
- The MBA applicant must have graduated from Schulich (e.g. BBA, iBBA, MMgt programs) within the last five years.
- The last two years of the student’s undergraduate studies GPA must be a B+ or better, or average of a B+ or higher for graduates of the Master of Management (MMgt) program.
Keep in mind that meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission. The application review process is handled holistically, as space in the program is limited.
The start dates for the program is January (Winter term) and September (Fall term) each year.
The Schulich MBA can help you prepare for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) professional designation, although this requires careful planning of your course selections.
Option 2: Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA
The Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA (EMBA) at the Schulich School of Business at York University in Toronto, Ontario, is a partner in the Kellogg School of Management’s global network of EMBA programs. The Economist ranks Kellogg-Schulich EMBA #9 in the world.
The program begins in January and ends in June of the following year.
As an applicant who wishes to apply to the Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA program, you may be permitted exemptions from the GMAT/GRE if you meet the program’s academic requirements.
EMBA Admission Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for admission to the Kellogg-Schulich EMBA Program, candidates must have the following:
- An outstanding promise and leadership potential.
- At least eight years of work experience with substantive management experience.
Management experience could include executive, functional, and/or project management experience.
- Possess the Canadian equivalent of a university Bachelors degree from an accredited institution.
Successful entrepreneurs are also encouraged to apply.
All candidates are personally interviewed.
EMBA Pre-Application Process
If you are interested in the EMBA program at York University, you will first have to “Request a pre-assessment” online and provide some background information, including a copy of your CV/resume and transcripts.
This will allow the admission team to perform a pre-assessment of your profile.
The information you provide for the EMBA pre-assessment will be used to determine your eligibility for the EMBA program and if you are exempt from the GMAT/GRE test score requirement.
Qualified candidates will be invited for a pre-application interview (a private, one-on-one meeting) to discuss their eligibility for the Kellogg-Schulich Executive MBA Program and how the program might meet your personal or professional goals.
Transcripts from any post-secondary institution, essay questions, resume, two letters of reference, letter of intent, and letter of support from a company are additional requirements for the Executive MBA program.
After your application, you will be advised on the further requirements necessary for admission, and this may not include GMAT scores in most cases.
3. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Ivey Business School, Western University, London, Ontario
Option 1: MBA Direct for Ivey HBA Graduates
After graduating from the Ivey HBA, if you intend to apply to the Accelerated MBA Program, you may not be required to have a GMAT or GRE. If you have a 78 percent average over HBA 1 and HBA 2 combined, you are not required to submit GMAT scores to get an admission.
Option 2: Ivey’s Executive MBA
Exemptions are also granted for Ivey’s Executive MBA, considering the professional experience and prior academic work.
To gain admission into both programs, you will be required to have a current resume with professional experience and references.
If you are applying for the Accelerated MBA Program, you must include at least one reference from a professor in HBA.
GMAT requirement is waived for applicants who have passed all 3 Levels of the CFA designation.
4. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Wilfrid Laurier University, Toronto Campus, Ontario
As a student who intends to apply for the part-time Alternate Weekend MBA at the Laurier’s downtown Toronto campus, you would be required to display strong quantitative skills.
Still, you do not necessarily require a GMAT or GRE to gain admission. You will only need the GMAT if you acquired your undergraduate degree outside Canada.
As a student who intends to apply for the Alternate Weekend MBA, you would also be required to have an undergraduate degree of four years, three professional references, proof that shows proficiency in English, and a full-time professional experience for at least two years.
5. Top MBA in Canada without GMAT → Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Ontario
To apply to the Rotman School of Management full-time MBA, you would be required to have a GMAT or GRE score for the most part.
An exception occurs for students who already passed the CFA III examination, as they do not require a GMAT nor GRE score to gain admission into the MBA program.
Suppose you possess a four-year undergraduate degree, and you intend to apply for the Executive MBA program at Rotman. In that case, you may take the Executive Diagnostic Test (EDT) in place of the GMAT.
Other requirements for an MBA in Rotman include having an undergraduate degree, references, professional work experience, two written essays, and invitation-only interviews.
Want to Get into one of the Best MBA Schools in Canada?
These Books will Help!
Additional Top Business Schools in Canada that may not require GMAT or GRE
- DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario (ON).
- Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University, Quebec (QC).
- HEC Montréal, Quebec (QC).
- John Molson School of Business, Concordia University, Quebec (QC).
- Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa, Ontario (ON).
- Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British Columbia (BC).
Read Also >> Top Accounting Universities in Canada
Top 5 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students: English Universities
1. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → Vancouver Island University (VIU), Nanaimo, British Columbia (BC)
You can study for your MBA degree in a rewarding and highly regarded beautiful Vancouver Island, Nanaimo, British Columbia.
The MBA program is in a full-time format, and it’s offered in an intensive 20-months.
It also includes a collection of integrated courses in Finance, Management, Marketing, Research, Accounting, and Technology, an internship for a duration of 4-months, and an applied business project.
There is an option of fourteen or sixteen month’s program.
Through the MBA program at Vancouver Island University, you could opt to obtain a dual concurrent Canadian MBA and a British MSc degree from the University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom (UK).
Known for its attainable entrance requirements, small class sizes, and a robust global business focus, VIU’s Masters of Business Administration is a considerable option to study for your MBA in Canada without GMAT.
Vancouver Island University (VIU) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
At the start of the program, all students participate in a 3-week Foundation of mixed coursework.
This introduces students to the program’s core principles, learning outcomes, and thorough academic writing requirements and setting students up with professional representation at the graduate level.
The coursework progression in each semester is divided into three modules. Students are provided with intervals between modules to ensure they have enough time to retain knowledge and explore their career.
There is a two-week official break in study after each semester.
After you complete your course work, you would be required to complete an internship. Working with a mentor in the industry, students identify a significant problem in an organization.
The internship experience will be used by the student to write an Applied Business Project under supervision from the faculty.
There are a limited number of seats for the MBA program, and a position will be offered only to the best applicants.
Below are the requirements for admission into the MBA program at Vancouver Island University:
- A university Bachelor’s degree from a business or non-business discipline.
- A minimum “B” average in the last two years of an undergraduate degree.
- A résumé describing education, work, and volunteer experience.
- Letter of introduction explaining how the MBA at VIU will contribute to your career plans.
- Two letters of recommendation from past employers or professors.
- Work experience for a minimum of one year is required.
- GMAT/GRE score is not required.
- If your previous degree was obtained in a country where English is not the primary/official language and from a university where English was not the language of instruction must, you must meet one of VIU’s English Language requirements for Graduate Programs.
Note: If you do not hold a bachelor’s degree, but you possess significant work experience, you may still apply, but with a GMAT score. The consideration for this application is on an individual basis.
For the MBA program start date of September, applications are usually accepted from October of the previous year to March of the start date year.
2. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → Thompson Rivers University (TRU), Kamloops, British Columbia
The Thompson Rivers University (TRU) business school is known for its flexibility in the MBA program. Some options work around people with a busy schedule, with options to choose from full-time or part-time studies, and this can be done on campus or virtually (online).
Known for its affordable educational system, the TRU’s MBA is considered one of Canada’s highest valuable education.
At TRU, there is room for collaboration with people from different backgrounds, contributing to individuals’ overall perspective with a global business mindset and skill set. The partnership also includes students gaining opportunities to work with local businesses.
An added advantage for students with a background in business administration is that they have the option to complete the MBA within one year.
There are different MBA program options at TRU. A thesis, project, or an option for course-based completion.
To apply for your Thompson Rivers University MBA, you must provide the following
- A resumé.
- Letter of intent: A 250-word cover letter outlining education/career plans and ambitions (approximately 250 words).
- Letters of reference (except MBA/GDBA).
- Transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (including a certified English language copy if original transcripts are not in English). Secondary/high school transcripts are not required.
Additional Information on Transcript: You would be required to include scanned copies of official transcripts (or certified documents) for all prior post-secondary studies in your application. After you are accepted into the MBA program, original transcripts must be sent to TRU before beginning your first semester. If you are unable to mail the original copies for any reason, you must carry it along when you come to Canada.
- Proof of graduation (e.g., copy of degree, provisional certificate, etc.).
- Proof of English language proficiency if your degree has been awarded in a country for which English is not an official language.
Students whose second language is English must instruct testing services to send a copy of their TOEFL or academic IELTS or iBT results to TRU.
After your application is received by TRU, it will be processed and submitted to a committee that spearheads selection.
The MBA admission committee reviews and makes all the decisions that relate to admission. The general timeline to know if you have been accepted into the program or not, is usually within three to six weeks after your completed application has been received.
You will receive a decision letter from the International Graduate Admissions office once a decision is made.
You will be required to make your full commitment fee payment and send your original or official transcripts to TRU’s International Graduate Admissions.
3. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → University Canada West (UCW), Vancouver, British Columbia (BC)
The MBA program at UCW promises to prepare you globally for leadership. It aims to teach students how to handle challenges and proffer the best solution to drive any venture or career path’s success, through informed decision making.
This is an ACBSP accredited MBA program.
The UCW collaborates with digital leaders like IBM and Salesforce (Trailhead) Tableau to add relevant digital components to the courses offered in alignment with the school’s digital vision to keep students updated with upcoming and latest technological trends.
Program Delivery: There is the option to study on-campus or online.
Intakes/Start Dates: Fall (October), Winter (January), Spring (April), or Summer (July).
If you want to apply to the MBA program at the UCW, you will need to meet the following requirements:
A bachelor’s degree, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (on a scale of 4.33). And have one of the below:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (BBA) or Commerce (BComm) or equivalent.
- An appropriate Canadian professional designation or equivalent international designation (e.g., CPA, CA, CGA, CMA, CHRP, or P.Eng).
- A documented professional or management experience with evidence of career progression and relevant education and/or training, for a minimum of three (3) years.
- A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score that is acceptable and has been written within the last five years.
Suppose you are applying with a GMAT or GRE score. In that case, it is essential to note that the committee looks for scores that show or indicate strength in the quantitative, verbal, and analytical writing assessment portions of the examinations.
All applicants to the MBA program must submit:
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended, even those institutions where the student registered and withdrew from classes.
You must arrange for your official transcripts to be sent from any previous high school and post-secondary institution to accompany your University Canada West application.
Failure to send official transcripts with the application on time may result in a delay or suspension of the admissions process.
- Official documentation confirming professional designations, where applicable.
- A detailed chronological résumé clearly outlining educational achievements, work experience, and progression, and other related experiences. See UCW’s résumé template here.
- Proof of English language proficiency as specified in the “English Language Proficiency” section of UCW’s Admissions Policy.
- Certified translations of any documents not in English.
Applicants who completed undergraduate studies outside Canada must also submit:
- Documentation that confirms the awarding of their previous degree(s), if not already indicated on official transcripts; and
- An educational credential evaluation (ECA) from a recognized service provider, if the UCW’s Admissions Committee requires additional analysis.
It is important to note that UCW uses English as a primary language of instruction, and you will be required to submit proof of English proficiency if your first language isn’t English
Suppose the Admission Committee sees deficiencies in language proficiency when your application package is reviewed. In that case, you may be required to provide proof of English Language proficiency, especially for candidates who attended English language-based education systems.
If you do not meet the requirements for direct admission into the MBA program at UCW, you may qualify through completing University Canada West’s MBA Foundation courses.
To gain admission into the MBA Foundation courses, you must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.33 or better.
To continue into the MBA program, students must have a grade of B (GPA of 3.0) or better.
Special Admission Consideration
Suppose you do not meet the minimum admission standards. In this case, you may be considered for admission to the MBA or MBA Foundation courses if you can demonstrate a significant depth and breadth of business/management experience or a combination of education and experience.
If you fit into this category, you must be over 21 years of age on or before the first day of lectures.
University Canada West MBA Program (Full-Time) Tuition Fees for International Students is $35,100, broken down as follows:
- Year 1: $21,060 CAD.
- Year 2: $14,040 CAD.
Want to Get into one of the Best MBA Schools in Canada?
These Books will Help!
4. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC), BC
The MBA program at the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) encompasses the major business disciplines, including economics, strategy accounting, finance organizational behavior, marketing, management of technology, and operations management.
The MBA is tailored towards working professionals and is very flexible, as most students can continue working while they study.
Courses are scheduled on Fridays and weekends (other than two-week-long summer sessions during the program). Classes are taught one weekend per month, and this allows students to continue working while they study.
Students can entirely complete their MBA through coursework. There is the option to undertake a project under faculty supervision and apply relevant theory to a substantial organizational issue.
The MBA program’s total duration is 21 months or five semesters. You can choose from two (2) locations:
- Prince George, British Columbia at the UNBC campus, or
- Vancouver, British Columbia at the Langara College Campus.
MBA Registration Deposit: $2,000 CAD.
Basic MBA Tuition: $6,850 CAD per semester.
International MBA Tuition: $8,000 CAD per semester.
The UNBC MBA program is competitive. The admission requirements are as follows:
Academic Background Requirement:
- A four-year undergraduate degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (B) in the last 60 credit hours of course work (that is, approximately the last two years) leading to the baccalaureate degree.
Evidence of post-secondary education, including official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions, attended.
Students from a variety of undergraduate disciplines are encouraged to apply, as no specific major is required.
Under some exceptional circumstances, applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree, a three-year undergraduate degree, or an undergraduate degree with a grade point average of less than 3.0 (B) in the last 60 credit hours may be considered.
If you fall under this category, you may be required to partake in a personal interview. These interviews are conducted in person, via phone or video conference using Skype.
Note: If you have met all the admission requirements, then an interview may not be necessary.
Professional Background Requirement:
- At least three years of relevant full-time work in a managerial or professional position, with supervisory and operational decision-making responsibilities and excluding any training period.
These responsibilities must be at a medium level of people and informational complexity or higher, e.g., analyzing budget data and coordinating subordinates’ activities.
At least one of the applicant’s referees will ensure the satisfaction of the work experience requirement, to the above definition.
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV) must be submitted summarizing all positions held.
- Three letters of reference from academics, colleagues, supervisors, or significant clients who can testify to your academic performance, or in the place of work where you gained reasonable experience.
If you are applying to the MBA program, you will be required to speak, understand, and write English proficiently to ensure you are successful in the UNBC MBA program. Thus, demonstrated proficiency in English, as stipulated in the Graduate Studies Admission and Regulations, is required.
If English is not your first language, you will be required to submit English proficiency evidence before your admission. This could be TOEFL, IELTS, LPI, or ESL.
Kindly note that English proficiency scores that are older than two years are not valid for admission purposes into programs at UNBC.
Letter of Intent or Statement of Academic Interest
As part of the application process, you will be required to submit a statement showing your academic interest. This is important to understand your personality as an individual.
You may use the following information as a guide in grafting your letter of intent:
- Describe yourself, highlighting your strengths and weaknesses, and any noteworthy influences that have shaped your interests.
- Describe how the MBA program at the University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC) can help you accomplish your career goals.
- Describe how you, your background, and your experiences will contribute to learning in the MBA program at UNBC. This is important as a lot of the learning value derived from the UNBC MBA program will come from your peers.
You are not required to provide a GMAT score, but it is still accepted if you provide it.
5. Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students → New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Vancouver Campus, British Columbia
This program has its roots in Vancouver’s business world, but it extends to other global locations.
It’s a perfect place to gain leadership experience through its interaction and professional associations in Canada and the United States of America (USA), with professors who share years of business and industry experience.
The program consists of small class sizes and class schedules that are flexible enough to accommodate working professionals.
What the Program Offers
- NYIT School of Management belongs to the five percent of business schools worldwide accredited by the respected Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
- The MBA program at NYIT is open to qualified students from diverse backgrounds.
- Academic scholarships are available.
- You can spend a semester at an NYIT campus in New York or Abu Dhabi to enhance your global perspective.
Flexible Course Schedule
NYIT Vancouver, offers flexible course scheduling to fit your needs:
- Full-time students can complete their degree in two years or less.
- Working professionals studying part-time can complete courses at their own pace, with up to five years to complete the degree.
MBA Program of Study at NYIT
The MBA curriculum ranges from 31.5 to 55.5 credits, depending on prior coursework and degree emphasis. NYIT Vancouver offers the MBA program in two options:
- General Management MBA: This consists of 21 credits in required core courses, 18 credits in waivable pre-requisite courses, and 9 credits in elective courses.
- MBA with a Finance Concentration: Consists of 21 credits in required core courses, 15 credits in required concentration courses, 18 credits in waivable pre-requisite courses, and 9 credits in elective courses.
Additionally, students in either program must also take a 1.5 credit-hour Technical Communications course.
Waivable Pre-Requisite Courses (18 credits, with 1.5 credits per course):
- Accounting I (ACCT 501).
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 510).
- Principles of Economics I (ECON 501).
- Principles of Economics II (ECON 510).
- Finance (FINC 501).
- Principles of Management (MGMT 501).
- Business Policy and Strategy (MGMT 510).
- Management Information Systems (MIST 501).
- Introduction to Marketing (MRKT 501).
- Business Statistics (QANT 501).
- Production and Operations Management (QANT 510).
- Management Science (QANT 520).
Required MBA Courses (21 credits, with 1.5 credits per course except where noted otherwise):
- Accounting Analysis (ACCT 610).
- Macro Environment of Business (ECON 610).
- Microeconomic Industry Analysis (ECON 620).
- Financial Policy and Value Creation (FINC 610).
- Executing and Reporting Financial Market Transactions (FINC 620).
- International Dimensions of Organizational Behavior (MGMT 620).
- Business Enterprise Environment (MGMT 630).
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (MIST 610).
- Branding (MRKT 610).
- Operations Management (QANT 610).
- Multi-Criteria Decision Models (QANT 620).
- Ethics and Social Responsibility (SBES 601).
- Strategic Leadership Capstone (MGMT 650) [3 credits].
- Professional Development Seminar (BUSI 610) [0 credits].
Sample Elective MBA Courses (9 credits, with 3 credits per course):
- Corporate Financial Decision-Making (FINC 760).
- Information Security Management (MIST 732).
- Current Topics in Management Information Systems (MIST 765).
- Marketing Communication and Promotion (MRKT 715).
- Marketing Research (MRKT 750).
MBA Finance Concentration, Required Courses (6 credits, with 3 credits per course):
- Advanced Financial Accounting (ACCT 721).
- Portfolio Management (FINC 765).
MBA Finance Concentration, Additional Course Selections (9 credits chosen from the below options, with 3 credits per course):
- Financial Statement Analysis (ACCT 713).
- International Finance (FINC 705).
- Analysis and Valuation of Equity Investments (FINC 734).
- Management of Valuation of Fixed Income Securities (FINC 736).
- Derivatives Analysis (FINC 740).
- Corporate Financial Decision Making (FINC 760).
Tuition and Fees
- Per credit cost: $945 CAD.
- For students requiring 31.5 credits: $29,767.50 CAD (Non-waivable core 21 credits + Elective 9 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits).
- For students requiring 49.5 credits: $46,777.50 CAD (Non-waivable core 21 credits + Electives 9 credits + Waivable core 18 credits + Technical Communications 1.5 credits).
Students pursuing MBA with concentrations (Finance or Tourism) are required to take 15 credits in the area of their concentration, therefore their tuition fee will be higher.
Note: The NYIT Admissions Department will determine how many credits the student must take to complete the MBA.
Scholarships at NYIT Vancouver, MBA in Canada
NYIT offers Vancouver Scholar Award for international and domestic students based on academics.
The scholarship is applied to the tuition fees in the amount of $750 CAD or $900 CAD each fall, spring, and summer semester, for a total of either $2,250 CAD or $2,700 CAD annually.
To qualify for the scholarship, you will be required to have demonstrated excellent academic performance that is reflective of your credentials.
Credit Transfers and Waivable Credits
If you have a grade of “B” or its equivalent, you may be granted up to 9 transfer credits from an accredited graduate program for an elective course.
If your undergraduate degree was completed in the last five years, you could apply to transfer up to 18 credits of waivable courses.
You must demonstrate that you have completed an equivalent course at an accredited four-year institution before enrolling at NYIT if you intend to waive a course. If any course will not be waived, it must be completed as part of NYIT’s MBA program,
- Four-year bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- International students must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a minimum score of 6.0 (IELTS) or 79 (TOEFL IBT).
- The GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), conducted by the Educational Testing Service, is not a requirement for admission but may be submitted towards fulfilling the MBA admissions criteria.
Want to Get into one of the Best MBA Schools in Canada?
These Books will Help!
Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students: French Universities
International students whose degree has been awarded in a country for which French is the primary or official language or from a university where French was the language of instruction, should consider the following Best MBA in Canada without GMAT for International Students who are french speakers:
- Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec: Master of Business Administration (MBA).
- Université Laval, Québec, QC: Master of Business Administration (MBA) Global Business.
Read Also >> 10 Best Universities to Study Business in Canada
FAQs: MBA without GMAT in Canada
– Cheap MBA in Canada without GMAT.
– Is GMAT required for MBA in Canada?
– Can I do MBA without GMAT? Is GMAT a must for MBA?
– Can I do MBA in Canada without work experience?
– What GPA is required for MBA in Canada?
– Is MBA in demand in Canada?
– Is it easy to get a job after MBA in Canada?
– Which country is best for MBA?
– MBA in Canada without IELTS and GMAT.
[Answers to the above questions: Coming Soon]
What is an Official Transcript?
Every educational institution in Canada determine what they consider to be an official transcript, but in general, an official transcript is one that:
- Is on official institution transcript paper or letterhead.
- Has an original signature and/or seal from the institution.
- Has been sent directly from the issuing institution to the Admission/Department/Registrar’s Office at the educational institution in Canada.
- Note: The envelope must be sealed and tamper-free.
What is a Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume?
Typically, a CV or resume is a document that summarizes all positions you have held beginning with the most recent and specifying for each:
- Company name.
- Company type.
- Exact position title.
- Duration of employment.
- Nature of duties, responsibilities, and achievements.
>> Best MBA Programs in Canada
>> 170+ Comprehensive List of Educational Institutions in Canada offering Accounting Courses
PIN FOR LATER!
- Are you a current or previous student of one of the universities in Canada for an MBA without GMAT, which is mentioned above? How is/was your experience (Good/Bad)? Share by commenting below.
- Are you a prospective student looking to study at one of the best universities in Canada for an MBA? Did you find this post helpful? We’d love to get your feedback! Comment below.
Charee Oisamoje is the founder of CanadaWiz. She leads the editorial team, which is comprised of subject matter experts that aim to create well-researched, highly detailed content related to studying, working, immigrating, and settling/living in Canada as a newcomer.
Charee's personal experiences as a Canadian immigrant and her professional competencies make her uniquely qualified on the subject matter.
With extensive educational credentials, she is an expert at collecting details, verifying facts, and making complex subjects easy to understand. MBA in Finance MScIB CCEA (#CCG 271) CPA Candidate ✔️CIP ✔️BSc Accounting
Learn More >> About Page
🏆 Best Offers This Month
📌 Get $3,000 Free Transfer and Earn $75 Referral Bonus
✔️ Get up to $3,000 CAD* Fee-Free transfer (or the equivalent of £2,000 in other currencies).
✔️ Earn $75 CAD** for every 3 friends you refer; they'll get a fee-free transfer of up to $800 CAD.
✔️ Multi-Currency Debit Card: Spend abroad without hidden fees.
✔️ Best and real exchange rates and lower fees than old-school banks and other money transfer services.
*Your secret code will be automatically applied.
**USD accounts earn $115 USD for every 3 friends you refer; they'll get a fee-free transfer of up to $600 USD).
📌 Low-Cost International Money Transfer with $30 Cash Bonus
✔️ Get a $30 welcome bonus for transferring $100* or more.
✔️ Get a 20 GBP welcome bonus for transferring 75 GBP* or more.
✔️ Fast: 95% of transfers are received by the recipient in minutes.
✔️ Better exchange rates and lower fees than most traditional banks and money transfer services.
*This can be achieved over multiple transfers.
9 thoughts on “Top 10 Best MBA in Canada without GMAT”
Found your post interesting to read. I can’t wait to see your coming up post. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective.
Thanks for your feedback.
Great article. Very informative.
We appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you!
I can’t be happier that I stumbled on your page. I’m a prospective student looking to study MBA in a university without GMAT and you just helped me narrow it down. Thank you
You’re very welcome! We’re so happy to hear that this blog post was useful to you and it’s always nice to hear when we’ve helped people! We hope you find your perfect program and we wish you the best of luck with your MBA application.
Thank you so much for this. It’s been really tasking checking schools one by one. You’ve narrowed it down beautifully.
Thank you for your great feedback! We’re happy to hear that you found this post useful and we hope it helps you on your MBA journey.
Thank you very much